Friday, March 13, 2009

Day 4: Iced Caramel Macchiato


I sat at Starbucks taking a picture of my new drink for the day, getting strange looks from other customers. They were probably thinking: "what is she doing... that's a little odd." And just my luck- I left the camera in the car. I will upload a picture of my "new experience" later tonight.
Today I got...
I walked into Starbucks this morning and ordered an Iced Caramel Macchiato. I haven't heard of this drink until a few days ago, when my friend suggested it. At first sip, I thought it was pretty good. I tasted the caramel and thought "yum!" But the more I drank the less sweet it was. This drink is just too bitter. Ayesha, sitting next to me, agreed and said it just tasted water and grated coffee. Starbucks.com says this drink is made with vanilla, but I really don't taste it all. The more sips I take of it, however, the more it grows on me.
Any more suggestions? Let me know! :)

11 comments:

  1. Try the Green Tea something or another...Andy Thomas (senior) loves it! It tastes pretty interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try a Strawberries & Creme Frappacino!! :) yummy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you make sure to shake it up before drinking? I remember the first time I got it I just drank it like they gave it to me, and since the bottom is milk and honey and the top is coffee and the straw is at the bottom it was like YUM and then like eww.
    Soo yeah. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. so brave -- trying new drinks every day! i'm such a weenie -- i almost always stick to the same 3 items: vanilla latte, coffee/mocha frappucino, and the occasional earl grey tea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually, it didn't really have too bad of an aftertaste! I think I might actually get that today... but I'll probably ask for extra vanilla :).

    ReplyDelete
  6. did you know that you can order an "upside-down" caramel macchiato?? it's like they put all the ingredients in in opposite order or something...super weird! but you should try that one next and see if you can taste a difference!! that'd be a cool post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally agree with reBeckie. This is my regular drink, and upside down is the way to go. It mixes the coffee and milk together. The original way you taste the coffee then milk, which gives it a strong for a second, then a weak taste. Not too big of a fan of that one either...Also, its the same thing as an iced vanilla latte, just with the caramel sauce added in. I always ask for extra caramel on top because I'm addicted to their caramel, its unlike any other.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Upside down is exactly that. In the iced version you will taste the espresso and caramel first, then the sweetness of the milk and syrup. They gave this option on the iced one so it tasted more like the hot version. Upside down on a hot version is STIRRED, not upside down. The STIRRED version is mixed up so it is essentially a vanilla latte with caramel drizzle and 1 less pump of vanilla syrup. Why are people making up their own definitions to words?

    ReplyDelete
  10. you're supposed to mix it within 10 seconds of getting your drink or it will taste bitter later on. that's why it is better to ask for an upside down caramel macchiato.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Is stirred good ?/ or should I stick with what they give me ? I usually order upside down and it tastes nice.

    ReplyDelete